The Holidays are here! At Techline Furniture, Cabinetry, & Closets, we LOVE getting our homes ready for trees, decorations, baked goods, and those random holiday kick-knacks. But sometimes, our holiday spirit is slightly larger than our homes. If you’re dealing with a smaller space, you do NOT have to sacrifice holiday decorations! Techline Furniture, Cabinetry, & Closets and Better Homes and Gardens shows you how to turn every nook and cranny into holiday cheer!
- Use Space by the Stairs. A small table by the stairs is a prominent small-space spot to start your Christmas merriment. Add a little, lightly decorated tree and a modest display to the tabletop. To give the evergreen a bit of height, place in a tall silver vase.
- Use Wall Space. That lovely solid-color wall in your living room? The perfect home for a holiday display. Chose a variety of accents — faux birds, small ornaments, sprigs of berries — and glue them onto the wreaths before hanging the displays from a length of ribbon.
- Utilize Vertical Space. If space is limited, you might not be able to hang every ornament you own on a tree, but there’s no reason to keep the leftovers boxed up. Look for unexpected places — from a chandelier, at a window, over a doorway — to dangle a few for sparkle and cheer.
- Fill a Corner. Nooks, crannies, shelves, bookcases: All are great spots for diminutive seasonal decor. If there’s no space for a full tree, put a single dwarf version — with a few presents — on a midheight shelf. In place of lights, decorate with small-scale ornaments.
- Add a Tree in a Bathroom. Don’t overlook bathrooms as places to add some merry touches. Here, a small corner offers a great spot for a potted tree decorated with cream and blue ceramic bells and glass balls.